Motor had to be fixed to the borewell which was digged and Electricity connection had to be obtained. Called 3 motor company dealers and finalised on Tiruaml Engg, Mahabubnagar.
The motor with the following specifications was purchased:
7.5HP Texmo Motor
Jindal G.I Pipes, L& T Wire etc.
The motor pump people had come to the filed at 3.00pm (scheduled times was 11.00am), since it was motorised fitting, it was completed in 1 hr 30 mins apprx. 16 pipes of 20 ft each and 3 pipes of 10 ft each were inserted. The process was smooth and the electricity connection was also provided. Total length is 355 ft from the ground.
I had also applied for the Drip Irrigation and submitted all the documents. The Horticulutre official was also present and clicked pictures with the Borewell running and with him & the farmer at the backdrop, so as a proof that this borewell genuinely belongs to the farmer. The drip irrigation company (Bangaru Drip) will provide the estimation to the Horticulture dept. and the difference amount i.e. 10% of the total amount has to be paid by the farmer and the Telanagana Govt. provides 90% subsidy. The entire process is expected to be completed within 15 days and the drip irrigation machinery will be installed before 15th May 2017.
Applied for Electricity connection and provided the required documents and arranged Demand Draft for providing connection in the name of the farmer. It is expected to receive the connection in 7 days.
The total amount incurred so far:
- Geologist : Rs,.15,000/-
- Borewell : Rs.40,000/-
- Electricity Connection : Rs.7,000/-
- Motor,Pump, Fixing charges : Rs.98,000/-
- Miscellaneous charges : Rs. 5,000/-
The following is the next phase of events:
- Marking and digging of trenches at a distance of 12 feet each – 7th May 2017
- Payment of Rs.36,000/- to Jain Irrigation for obtaining 1500 plants – End of May
- Installation of Drip Irrigation system – 14th or 21st May 2017
- Closing of the open trenches on 10th June 2017
- Digging 1500 pits at a distance of 6 feet between plant and 12 feet between rows
- Planting of trees by covering them with Farm yard manure, Neem cake, NPK, Vermi compost, micro nutrients etc.
Lot of work to be done in the next 15 days and trying to manage between work and the farming. Though I am getting good support from my family, co-ordinating with different depts. and bringing those people for inspection in the farm is taking some time.
The employees are slow and take their own time to do the things, where as the time constraint for me is making it difficult to get things done as per the schedule. Neverthless, this is a rewarding work and I am enjoying all the attention and curiosity generated in the vllagers due to the fast pace of the works being accomplished using modern methods.